As part of our vision to creating a platform where members can read one another's business reviews and connect to make a better buying decision. We are stating our content policies to guard against users who will try to outsmart our system by posting a fake review, creating a wrongful business list and adding misleading or irrelevant images.
Here are the actions we will take to identify, block, and remove fraudulent and unhelpful content.
- Add only relevant images. Selfies, passport photographs, and other irrelevant images that doesn’t compliment your Business List should be avoided. Failure to adhere to this will lead to the deletion of your List.
- Avoid using a business name as your title. Business Lists which violates this will be deleted
- A list must have at least ONE business added to it. But we advise that a list should have up to THREE or more verified businesses for readers to have numerous options to choose from. Reason being that Lists with more businesses often trend and attract users attention. Lists with no business added will not be published and will be deleted after being created
- Add a description stating why you are adding those particular businesses to your list. Keep the description short and simple while reflecting the needful
- Business lists are meant for showcasing businesses that fulfill certain needs and should not be used by business owners to promote their business, sale of real estate, job postings etc. Defaulters might have their VConnect account suspended.
- Add only relevant images. Selfies, passport photographs, and other irrelevant images that doesn’t compliment your Review should be avoided. Failure to adhere to this will lead to the deletion of your Review.
- Businesses owners must not rate and review themselves. Defaulters will be removed without questioning
- Write only relevant reviews: Accounts placing irrelevant, inappropriate, or promotional content, that solicit customers, or that spam business profile pages, may be deleted without notice.
- Write your review based on facts and your own experiences (not a friend's). Please don't exaggerate or falsify your experience. Content that indicates the reviewer hasn't even visited the business will be removed.
- Plagiarism is something we take seriously. Copying others' reviews or photos, or even re-posting your own in multiple places on VConnect, is something that will not be tolerated.
- Using your status as a top VConnect reviewer to solicit benefits in exchange for a promotion or at the threat of negative reviews on VConnect will not be tolerated. If reports or evidence of such instances are brought to our attention, we reserve the right to delete your VConnect account.
- Add only relevant images. Selfies, passport photographs, and other irrelevant images that doesn’t compliment a business list or review should be avoided. Failure to adhere to this will lead to the deletion of a list or review.
- When you take your next photo, imagine breaking an image down into thirds (both horizontally and vertically) so that you have 9 parts. You want your subjects to be where the lines cross. It's called the "rule of thirds", and it's a good way to create an interesting image within a frame.
Do not use:
- Exact duplicates
- Plagiarized photos
- Promotional content
- Photos others posted without their permission
- Unpleasant or ugly photos that ruin people's appetites
- Images that depicts nudity
All images that fail to pass the checks listed above will be removed altogether.